I’m 3/4 of the way through being 60. Sadly, I find most of the declarations below accurate.
Maybe you do also?
The Perks of being over 60.
- Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
- Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
- You sing along with elevator music.
- Your joints are more accurate than The Weather Channel at predicting rain.
- You have a party and your neighbors don’t even realize it.
- People call at 9pm and ask “Did I wake you”?
- People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
- Things you buy now won’t wear off.
- You can live without sex, but not without glasses.
- You enjoy hearing about other people’s operations.
- You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
- You an eat dinner at 4:00pm.
- There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
- You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
- You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
- You know (hope) your eyes won’t get much worse
- Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
- Kidnappers are not interested in you.
- In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
- No one expects you to run into a burning building (I do miss doing that, though)